public school bash

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 21:56:59 -0500

I am beginning to think that too much is expected of the
teachers.  Teach all day, lesson plans and grade papers all
night, three and four days a week?  Too much.  You cannot
work well when you are in a perpetual state of exhaustion.
Would you do all that crap for a living?  Not me brother,
not me.  The solution is not more money, get more help into
the class room so the teacher can do the important job,
teach.  Grading papers, administration duties, security
issue and discipline problems do NOT belong in the class
room.  That should not be the teachers job.

		Newton