precision strobe tuner

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Sat, 11 Nov 2000 08:30:38 -0500

> I tune regularly for one, they have two Rippen pianos.
> Dishes clattering and general noise, you get the picture.
> Of course I have to bang on the notes to hear anything, and they just HATE
> me!  Well some of them do anyway.

And they wanted to put me in one of those places.  Can you
imagine me listening to another tuner and keeping my mouth
shut?

Kristin, try the ear plugs.  And I mean now!  They will
filter out extraneous noises and will preserve your
hearing.  If OSHA learned about how loud pianos can be
during tuning they would pass a federal law prohibiting
tuners from tuning without safety equipment.  I have
measured one Yamaha C-3 at 112 dB in the treble while
tuning.  Convinced me!  Get the plugs and save your hearing.

		Newton (deef old gimp)