temperament

Thu, 16 Nov 2000 09:10:34 +0100

Richard Moody wrote:

> If temperament is so important to the music why can't it be recognized
> without resorting to electronic devices?   Or, if no one can tell by
> listening, what difference does it make what temp is used?   ric "I am NOT a
> skeptic"

Well of course it isnt important at all...except to a select few, and I suppose
its those few who make the difference. And perhaps it should be part of our task
to include ourselves in that select few... and to work to enhancing the numbers
of that group... eh ??

But sure... we can all look out on the "realities" and see easily enough that
for most people, left to themselves... about the most that bothers any of them
is sour unisions and octaves. Even then its amazing what very very many people
accept as ok tuningwise.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.