Poloticks? yep CBS

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 02:45:19 -0600

> >As of tomorrow, some Florida votes will have been counted four times.
>
> But the entire vote has never *once* been counted (due to the incoming
mail ballots).  This election is close.  What's the rush?  The "endless
recount" rhetoric is just that, rhetoric, and needs to be toned down, for
the good of us all.

> greg

Another example of media hype. This time using ommision of facts.  Now if
they (media) know there are 40,000 absentee ballots to be counted, and they
tell us that, we will know that an hour by hour "news account" of a recount
over 1,300 votes will not matter until the 40,000 votes that have never been
counted are counted (for the first time ; )  And thus no news will be
"breaking" for Dan Rather to "break in" and who will be glued to the TV if
no news is breaking?