temperament

Robin Blankenship itune@firstsaga.com
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 11:32:47 -0500

>   remoody writes:
>
> >Sorry, transposing the C# WTC to C is way beyond me. I would like to ask
who
> is capable of doing this?  <snip> Wondered why Bach
> wrote it in C# instead of C, or if he in a sly moment transposed it FROM
C.

Beethoven allegedly practiced playing all scales using the same fingering
explicitly for the purpose of transposing. Once, while performing his Third
Concerto, he had to use a piano that was a semi-tone low. So, he played the
normally c-minor piece in c#minor. No small feat. But, then again, he was no
small pianist. Did I meantion, he wrote the piece, too. (grin)
Robin Blankenship
"Sic Semper......."