Jasper American Piano

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 08:07:59 -0600

>In other words, Jaspers were the extraordinarily low ball "loss
>leader" units that dealers could have their own name plates on -- and
>of course these units invariably had "zero prep" (at least in my
>slight experience with them).
>Patrick

Then again, I got the distinct impression that the stability, tunability,
and overall sound quality of the low end Kimballs (oxymoron?) improved
considerably after Jasper acquired Kimball and started parking the Jasper
pianos behind that Kimball fallboard name plate. You still needed three
hands to tune them though - one for the keyboard, and two for the hammer.

Ron N