Cents=Lbs

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Fri, 24 Nov 2000 22:27:00 EST

In a message dated 11/24/00 11:34:06 AM Central Standard Time,
RNossaman@KSCABLE.com writes:

<< On that S&S D I posted tension figures on, it made 18 lb difference between
 435 and 440. In a piano less heavily loaded with bearing than this one was
 in the treble (2.4°), it would be less. Maybe it would be better to let
 this one go, I don't think it would impress them all that much. <G>

 Ron N

If a 5 cent increase in tension resulted in 18 lb. of addition down bearing,
would a 50 cent increase be 10 times that much, or 180 lb.? And would a 100
cent increase result in a 360 lb. increase? If so, is that impressive enough
for a customer? Since they have nothing to compare that to, maybe it
wouldn't. What do you think?

Willem