Customer Has Conscience

Sy Zabrocki only4zab@imt.net
Fri, 24 Nov 2000 22:45:12 -0700

List:
A customer owed me $400 for 14 years. The day before Thanksgiving this guy
walks in and hands us four one hundred dollar bills. He then apologized all
over the place for his conduct.

In November 1986 we sold this fellow a new Kawai console piano. He paid us
the purchase price minus $600 which we listed as 90-Days Same As Cash. He
did pay us $200 in payments and then stiffed us for the $400. All efforts to
collect failed. He always pleaded health problems, business failure and blah
blah blah.

Gee, then I felt guilty for being mad at him all these years. News reports
stated retail stores were expecting heavy shoplifting during the holidays.
This guy probably won't be one of them.

Sy Zabrocki
Billings, Montana