Cents=Lbs

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sun, 26 Nov 2000 12:18:14 EST

In a message dated 11/25/00 9:10:04 PM Central Standard Time,
istuner@islandia.is writes:

<< Hi Wim,

 Isnīt this a little misleading?

 Pianos can be "on pitch" but out of tune, ya know.
 And besides, couldnīt customers interpret it that way that if itīs ONLY  50
 cents flat, itīs not entirely out of tune is it, since out of tune would be
 100%?

 Best regards,

 Kristinn >>

So far, I have never had any one question my explanation. So I guess it isn't
misleading. As far as a piano that is on pitch, but out of tune, wouldn't
that be only 1% or 2% out of tune? The point is, I think customer can
understand and relate to numbers. If you tell them that a "normally" out of
tune piano is only 1% -- 10% percentage out of tune, and their piano is 50%
or 100%, (or what ever figure you want to use), out of tune, that it
impresses them.

Willem