bosendorfer imperial pianos

Stephen Airy stephen_airy@yahoo.com
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 02:06:19 -0800

When I'm ready to get one, where can I get a free (or almost) Bosendorfer
Imperial concert grand?  I don't care if all the keytops (i wanna say
ivories :) have fallen off , the felt is completely worn from ALL the
hammers, and the piano is so far flat that the strings are falling out of
the tuning pins, I was wondering what the cheapest I could get one
is?  (for example 1981, or early 1970s).  Or, has anyone heard about Petrof
having a piano with extra keys in the bass?  I saw an ad on pianomart.com
for a petrof concert grand that they said had the same extra keys in the
bass as Bosendorfer, but, sadly, the ad at
http://www.pianomart.com/Petrof/petrof5.htm is about $29,000 out of my
price range, and right now I would need to sacrifice 9'3" or 9'6" too much
room in the living room.  :(  I would also be interested in info on the
Stuart & Sons Australian piano (upright preferred -- personal preference)
(it has extra keys in the treble) but I don't even want to think about the
price tag on those considering what I know about them!