bosendorfer imperial pianos

Mon, 27 Nov 2000 07:51:46 -0800

They do not.

And, yes, most anything can be done on a custom basis.  Using =
traditional methods, the primary limitation is in the necessity of =
making a plate pattern and having a plate cast.  We are now building a =
prototype piano using an interlocking steel plate which by-passes the =
casting.  Cost for a one-off piano, once we have the whole process =
figured out, will be competitive with very high end pianos of similar =
size.  That is, we could build a one-off piano of the Bosendorfer =
290/Fazioli 308 size range for prices similar to their retail prices.  =
Still frightfully expensive, of course, but a lot less than going the =
cast plate route, and probably better in the long run.

Depending on cabinetry, a large upright (of any reasonable size -- =
sooner or later the action configuration would get rather tricky, i.e., =
heavy unless the stickers were made out of something exotic) could also =
be built for about the retail price of the Bosendorfer 130 -- i.e., in =
the $40,000 to $50,000 range.

Del
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: VOCE88@AOL.COM=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: November 27, 2000 3:14 AM
  Subject: Re: bosendorfer imperial pianos

  In a message dated 11/27/00 5:11:28 AM Eastern Standard Time,=20
  stephen_airy@yahoo.com writes:=20

    .  :(  I would also be interested in info on the=20
    Stuart & Sons Australian piano (upright preferred -- personal =
preference)=20
    (it has extra keys in the treble) but I don't even want to think =
about the=20
    price tag on those considering what I know about them!=20

  I didn't think Stuart & Sons ever made an upright. But I guess if you =
custom=20
  ordered one...................=20

  Richard Galassini=20
  Cunningham Piano Co. & Factory=20