Steam revisited

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 08:22:51 -0500

Hi Greg and List,

I have had one of those things for several months.  Found it
at Costco and had to have it.  I have used it for cleaning
around the house, which it does fairly well, but not for
voicing.

Too much steam!

For hammers I have a small portable clothes steamer about
half the size of a box of tuning pins.  It puts out a gentle
steaming and works well for hammers.  A gentle pass at the
striking point and more on the shoulders of the bass does a
very nice job.  So far.  With Yamaha hammers I might
consider using more steam like the Eurika thingee.

		Newton