buying pianos off web??

J Patrick Draine draine@mediaone.net
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 18:13:15 -0500

Thanks for the post & URL. Very interesting site, well put together.
I tried to configure a black Yamaha U1 (48" tall) "reconditioned to
as new". It prices out to $3320. Not too bad if it were a U1, but one
is actually placing a blanket order for a black Yamaha in the range
of 42 to 49 inches. If it were any smaller than 48" I would find this
to be a very undesirable deal.
Now if you got on the *telephone* with these people you could
probably actually get what you want -- but there will probably be
many purchases that occur after a few uninformed clicks on their
"order page," and the result may be less than ideal for Mr. & Mrs.
John Q. Public.
If they advertise their site selectively they'll probably make a ton
of money. And we'll probably have many Dampp-Chaser sales if they
survive the first heating season.

Patrick