What do you want in a vertical piano?

Tony Caught caute@optusnet.com.au
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 21:07:41 +0930

Hi Christopher,

My first question for you is "Have you got a Million Dollars ?"
My second question is "What country are you in ?"

Living in Darwin, Australia, I know what humidity is and having worked in a
piano factory or two in China for a couple of years I can guess at what
problems you will have. You have a prototype that was designed and built in
America by an American designer of an unknown quality and to comment on your
questions may be going against the designer or duplicating the designer,
either way, to build a piano that will cope with the tropical weather
conditions and at the same time be suitable for non-tropical conditions is
asking a lot.

>From my experiences you can get anything built in Asia but unless you have
full diagrams and instructions for every part and piece of assembly and
then, competent supervisors to ensure that this is done, you will run into
trouble.

Having been down the road that you are thinking of following I could
possibly help you in many of your questions however, to do so would be time
consuming and could not be done without knowing more about the innovative
design.  If similar to pianos already in existence, this possibly could be
done, but, innovative ? what is different ?

I am answering this on list to help you gain others input to my comments,
however if to go further, please contact me privately.

Regards

Tony Caught ICPTG
Australia
caute@optusnet.com.au