zapper for sluggish action

Eliot Lee elee@amug.org
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 16:05:58 -0700

> If a little dose of hair dryer and a dampp chaser rod aren't enough, I
> bite the bullet, take the action home, and repin all the hammer centers.
> Plus I zap or repin any slow jack and wippen centers I find. It takes
> awhile, but I've seen too many truly seized actions from someone spraying
> in some magic potion. If you just do the whole thing, it is fixed, and
> the sluggishness won't come back to plague you.
>
> Susan

Hey Bud & Susan,

    I would like to get a zapper too, because this will be a repair for a
store which doesn't want to admit they sold a sick piano, yesterday I was
scolded by the store owner for not being diplomatic with the customer.

    I am sorry if it doesn't work, I will tell them frankly not try to hide
behind some salesman rhetoric.

    I know if I repin the flanges it will take plenty of hours and I
wouldn't be compensated properly enough to begin with, nor do I have much
time this month....  If it is something that I can fix during a tuning then
I will be a hero and called back in good favor.

    If I can't get a zapper could you please describe it exactly so that I
can make one?

    Thanks,

Eliot