Steam Caution

Christopher Witmer cdwitmer@spamcop.net
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 09:25:51 +0900

There are household/institutional steam cleaning machines available on
the market in North America, Europe and elsewhere. Some of them are
capable of producing a relatively narrow "jet" of steam, although
nothing I have seen approaches the narrowness of a needle. However, I
see no reason why the necessary narrowness couldn't be achieved with a
special attachment. These machines tend to be a bit pricey but if you
were interested in trying them out with hammers, the cost might be
justifiable in part because they have many other uses as well. (They are
hypoallergenic -- often able to clean stubborn dirt with steam only,
instead of chemicals -- and they sterilize as they clean.) If
interested, I recommend finding a distributor in your area willing to
let you "try before you buy," or willing to help you develop the
necessary attachment.

-- Chris Witmer