zapper for sluggish action

Norman Barrett n.h.barrett@worldnet.att.net
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 01:10:04 -0600

Hi Bud and all,

The biggest objection I have seen to the use of a "zapper" is charred birdseyes.
The zappers that I have seen are as you have stated filament transformers and
in my opinion are much too large for the job.
My zapper uses a 12 volt transformer from Radio Shack rated at 2 amps. This
is enough to heat the center pin and free it up. Obviously this would damage the
transformer if it was held on too long but you do not need to do that. A second
or two is all that is needed.

Norm Barrett
Memphis Chapter P.T.G.