how high(low) do you go?

David M. Porritt dporritt@post.cis.smu.edu
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 06:47:43 -0600

I regularly tune the piano in a church here that has a pipe organ.  Organ tuners seem to have a different concept of "tuning".  I've measured several different "A"s from different ranks and found they range from +18.0 to -4.0.  This is not counting "celeste" stops.  This was measured 2 days after the organ "tuners" had finished their work.  I just tuned the piano at 440, and explained that this was the best we could hope for under the circumstances.

dave

David M. Porritt
dporritt@swbell.net
Meadows School of the Arts