Stuart and Sons Upright

ASB piano@iaa.com.au
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 08:07:07 +1100

Del,
Sounds like you have your finger on the pulse,like I said I haven't =
heard or seen that much of the Stuart pianos,I was only going off the =
web site and bits that I had heard.Regarding his new bridge setup I have =
heard that there is no down bearing are you able to shed some light in =
this area?

sincerely,

Stuart Balsillie
Piano Technician
Woodend, Victoria
AUSTRALIA
piano@iaa.com.au

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Delwin D Fandrich=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2000 1:58 AM
  Subject: Re: Stuart and Sons Upright

  I asked about the upright when I was in Sydney last July and was told =
they had not yet produced one.  I could be wrong.
  =20
  That is not exactly an agraffe on the bridge, but a string termination =
device.  It looks exactly like a device I was working on while at =
Baldwin in the late '80s.  I had some prototype pieces made and tried =
them out on a prototype but, unfortunately, the project was dropped due =
to lack of corporate interest.  I was pleased to see this device on the =
Stuart piano and to observe that it was working quite well. =20
  =20
  Del
    ----- Original Message -----=20