EEEK Princess Ingrid!

Pianogreig@AOL.COM Pianogreig@AOL.COM
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 21:45:19 EST

Kristinn -

My worst nightmare was an Eavestaff spinet (I don't recall for sure,  but I
think the royal emblem was there).

This one was in a hideous, billious green marbled case.

Tuning pins located under the key bed (top of knee panel) which extended
completely through a metal plate with the strings attached to the inside
ends. As I recall the pins had to be turned in reverse direction (& I had to
stand on my head to read the labelling of each).

To mute the (all bichord & single) strings the back screen had to be removed
(about 16 screws) & the rear overdamper system tilted back so the strings
could be accessed.

Most of the pins were loose & one string broke.  Which way to tap to tighten
the pin - no way.

This one was brought over from England by the original owner's proud daughter.

As I'm writing, I realize this reads like a real nightmare - wish it had been.