U5

markbolsius@optusnet.com.au markbolsius@optusnet.com.au
Sun, 1 Oct 2000 13:45:49 +1100

G'day Richard, terry et al,

I was just flicking around the archives (I don't lurk any more, but love to stay in touch)

Regarding the question of the differences between U3 and U5...

U5 has Agraffes in bass and tenor; superior scaling and hammers; great cabinet with cherrywood inserts and a two piece "slow-close" fallboard.

U3 is as it ever was, a great work horse! BTW, it also has slow-close. Both U3 and U5 have had action geometry changes, the touch is far more postive in it's feel. My guess is that they used the European feel as a guide. I'like it much better

UX3 is an older model with X backposts (I believe that these backposts have all been done away with in the last round of model changes) had a very light touch! I got rid of mine very early because it was too light for my needs.

The U5 has been in Australia for at least a year or two, and I look after a few now. Once they settle down, they're quite a good piano.

Catch up with you all later...looking forward to Reno (providing our peso improves in the meantime!)

Cheers
Mark Bolsius
Bolsius Piano Services
Canberra Australia