Puzzler for a quite Sunday. :-)

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Sat, 30 Sep 2000 23:23:03 EDT

Et Al;
 A few weeks back I had occasion to service a Kawai Grand, don't remember the
model number, but it was about 6' and aprox a year old and the better line.
Complaint was:
 "There is a clicking noise in this key and in the key on either side but not
as noticable as in this key" and "the noise only happens sometimes and only
on the upstroke of the hammer" (The customer was a VERY good player:) (the
keys were A#4, B4 and C4.)

 I tuned the piano, did a little voicing and then addressed the problem of
the "clicking" by the judicious use of a 'tiny' bit of felt............
What was the clicking noise?
What did I do to stop the clicking?
Have fun! :-)
Jim Bryant (FL)