Re; Wanna be piano tuner

Sun, 01 Oct 2000 23:26:01 +0200

Mellisa

Joining the PTG is a great first start. And doing as much reading and thinking
about what you read, and re-reading is also very valuable. I gotta say I am
impressed by the quality of the responses you have recieved so far and the list
is to be commended.. grin.

I might add to these to  get a copy of  TuneLab and start useing it actively to
help train your ear to zero in on those more elusive partials. There are lots of
ways this can be used and can be helpfull and I would be delighted to correspond
with you privately if you want any ideas on these.

Another great book to get and read until you fully understand it is "On Pitch"
by Ric Baldersin. You will also find the information in this book to be very
stimulating in dinking around with a program like Tune Lab and / or training
your ear and intellect to hear and understand what partials do within the
context of tuning.

Good luck on your way.. and keep hanging in there !

Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.
Bergen, Norway