Mileage procedures

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 20:13:44 EDT

<< I know that I will not charge mileage until we work out a procedure
so that we can give a figure over the phone, as some customers will not
accept a figure quoted, plus mileage.  When you get to their house, they
remember the figure, not the plus mileage, and will likely get angry when
the bill is for a higher amount than they remember.  What do you all do? >>

Greetings,
     I charge by the hour, so if it is more than 15 minutes worth of driving
to get to a job, I add the time charge.  It has also been easier since I
stopped quoting hard prices over the phone.  No two tunings are alike, so how
the price be so fixed?
Driving around is expensive, and if not accounted for, will produce a hidden
drain on your productivity.
Regards,
Ed Foote RPT