Aural?

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Fri, 6 Oct 2000 01:56:20 -0500

> However, there is no comparable situation in the bass, and FAC tunings are
> likely to score perfectly in the bass. I have personally scored a tuning
> exam in which Dr. Sanderson "took" the exam using a straight FAC tuning.
>The bass score was perfect; the high treble lost a few points.
>
> Kent Swafford

What piano was this?
What is the criterion to "score perfectly in the bass"?   I assume this
means it must "sound right."  Your scoring of a perfect "exam" is
interesting not so much on who scored it but what piano it was scored on.  I
am wondering if you know of pianos that can't get a perfect score. If not I
would like to submit two or three that I have never gotten to sound right in
the bass.  These are grands with quality names like McPhail, or Conover
Cable,  5'4 or larger.   ---ric