Clean unisons

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Sat, 7 Oct 2000 20:40:46 EDT

In a message dated 10/06/2000 11:53:44 PM, Stan wrote:

<<"John, Jim,
..................., but is this not the
very sort of technique that Virgil Smith has been espousing for many years?">>

 Stan;
 I don't know if Virgil "espouses" it but I have had several long
conversations with him  about it, among other topics. If I  remember
correctly his thoughts are that if this technique is used, one must be
doubly careful that each and every pin is set the same.

Yes Virgils tunings are a joy to listen to and a benchmark for 'most' of the
rest of us to aspire to. I did not get to hear the tune-off between Virgil
and Dr. C, but I really wish I had been able to get there for it. Being that
Virgil is among the best 'aural' tuners I have ever heard, as is Dr. C., and
that Dr. C. is among the best ETD tuners around..it should have been the best
of three worlds, i.e. two differing yet similar aural styles and an excellent
electronic approach. :-)

<<"And would someone PLEASE tell me whether it's better to be a sheep or a
goat!!!!!!"
Stan Ryberg">>

 Hmmmm well that would depend on what type of goat or sheep you were!
If you were a mountain goat or mountain sheep it wouldn't make any difference
because you would be living in the wild.

 If you were a domestic goat you would be used as a lawnmower, milk
dispenser, garbage disposal or other various and sundry utilitarian
activities. However if you were a domestic sheep you would be treated like
royalty, have a nice new coat each year for the winter months and would have
air conditioning each spring/summer to help you keep cool. In addition you
would have nursery ryhmes extolling your virtues whilst da po ole goats gots
to makes do wif "Billy Goat Gruff". :-)
Jim Bryant (FL)