S&S Hamburg New York

Bdshull@AOL.COM Bdshull@AOL.COM
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 03:07:45 EDT

Hi, Brian:

All of the standard Hamburg Steinways which I have seen have a curved arm on
each side, the New Yorks after the early 'teens have a squared off arm.  The
Hamburg "Steinway and Sons" half circle logo cast into the plate is devoid of
any other notations, plain, on one 1936 "C" I service.  The standard music
desk is more "European" looking also, with half circle fronts on the side
pieces, not the 1/4 circle inside cutouts typical of that period to the
present on the NY piano.

Hope this helps.

Bill Shull, RPT
Loma Linda, CA

In a message dated 10/9/00 11:53:20 AM Pacific Daylight Time,