S&S Hamburg New York

Tue, 10 Oct 2000 10:32:54 +0200

Bdshull@AOL.COM wrote:

> Hi, Brian:
>

> The Hamburg "Steinway and Sons" half circle logo cast into the plate is devoid
> of
> any other notations, plain, on one 1936 "C" I service. Hope this helps.

Thats what I thought too... but I have this Steinway Miniature model I service
from time to time that has the supposedly New York additions to this half circle
logo. Upon ordering a set of Bass Strings for this it turned out that this was
indeed a Hamburg Steinway and the strings I got were all wrong. Had to go through
a real hassel to get it all straightened out and have been unsure of this rule of
thumbs since.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.