Wurly Warranty Situation

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 22:18:31 -0500

>>...Besides, the deck (I think they called it a lid) doesn't look water-tight,
>>and with that big cast iron thingee in them, they likely have way too much
>>ballast and would probably sink!
>>Terry Farrell
>
>>>...Chinese flatbottomed ships
>>> with a high poop and battened sails?
>>> Keith McGavern
>
>...Throw the sucker in the river
>and find out!...Oh, don't forget the camera.
>Ron N

I have serviced 356 Wurlitzer pianos to date and find them to be very
reasonable pianos overall, though what you suggest is not an implausible
concept, much like the catapult/trebuchet thing   :-)
http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/matthewk/book.html
http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/matthewk/deimos.html

Remotely related, the movie, _Joe Versus The Volcano_, had four absolutely
gorgeous premier steamer trunks of dark, wine-colored leather and brass
fittings that were used as life saving flotation devices and were even
touted as such.

Text: LUGGAGE SALESMAN
                    This is our premier steamer
                    trunk.  All handmade, only the
                    finest materials.  It's even
                    water-tight, tight as a drum.
                    If I had the need and the
                    wherewithal, Mr. Banks, this
                    would be my trunk of choice. I
                    could face the world with a
                    trunk like this by my side.
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Hills/8299/Jvtv_scr.txt

>Some Piano is better than no Piano
>Ron Lindquist

And to you, Ron, congratulations for contributing the truth of the matter
in its essence.

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731