Sohmer

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 00:40:02 EDT

In a message dated 10/15/00 5:12:58 PM Central Daylight Time,
ulrich@rangenet.com writes:

<< Question for you experts:  I regularly tune a Sohmer studio for a local
church. The problem is that many of the strings will change pitch after a few
minutes. I've tried "pounding" the tuning in as well as every other known
trick in the book but I'm left to believe that the pressure bar is too tight.
I suspect that easing the tension by turning pressure bar screws out a bit
will seriously affect the tone, loudness, etc. Any solutions? Thanks

 Roy Ulrich

The problem is not that the pressure bar is too tight, but that a screw that
holds the pressure bar is loose or broken. Check to make sure all the screws
are tight. If one is not tight, the only solution to the problem is to remove
the screw, plug the hole and drill a new hole. (If it is broken, you have to
take the broken end out, of course).The only way you can do that is by
removing the entire pressure bar. And the only way to do that is to reduce
the tension on the whole piano. In other words, it's not a quick fix.

Good luck

Willem