stretching new bass strings

Kristinn Leifsson istuner@islandia.is
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 08:49:54 +0000

Hi Terry,

Just use a string hook on the copper... NO, DONīT DO THAT.  And no Iīm not
speaking from experience :)

Youīve had good advice, but I was also told that if you lessen the tension
just enough so that you can get your fingers behind the string and stretch
it gently outwards, that will do a lot.  I know itīs lateral pressure but I
figure it doesnīt harm and it doesnīt take a lot of time.

Kristinn