tuning question

Ward & Probst wardprobst@cst.net
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 05:01:10 -0500

TEAM2001 website: http://www.equaltemperament.com/PTG/

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Jay Mercier
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2000 7:38 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: tuning question

List,

I notice lately that when I perform a major pitch raise (today, it was one
that was 3 whole steps flat), by the time I'm done with the fine tuning just
under 2 hours later the unisons in the mid to upper treble range go out just
a tish, and about 90% of the problem is that the bottom pin (upright) is
always just a tish sharp compared to the other two pins of the unison.
Almost always I have to go back and lower every bottom pin to match the
remaining two unisons.  Can this be avoided?  Any thoughts on this is
appreciated.

Jay Mercier
New Associate Member
Glenwood, MN