Capstan Relocation

Fri, 20 Oct 2000 23:41:36 +0200

Overs Pianos wrote:

> The  20 mm roller distance from the hammer center causes the wippen
> rotational speed to be increased by approximately 7% with respect to
> that of the hammer shank. This slighly increases the inertia of the
> wippen. However, the Overs wippen weighs in at around 18 gm compared
> to around 22 for a standard 99mm wippen, thereby offsetting this
> potential disadvantage.

One of the things I ran into recently reading dealt with this a bit me
thinks.. As I understood the article.. one of the things to be concerned
about was the distance the roller was from the center. The farther away it
was, the larger its rotational arc... ergo the more slipage on the
repetition lever. I have to look at your action yet.. but I wonder if you
might comment on this ?

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.