Capstan Relocation

Overs Pianos sec@overspianos.com.au
Sat, 21 Oct 2000 17:54:24 +1000

Richard Brekne wrote;

>One of the things I ran into recently . . the article.. [stated] one
>of the things to be concerned
>about was the distance the roller was from the center. The farther away it
>was, the larger its rotational arc... ergo the more slipage on the
>repetition lever. I have to look at your action yet.. but I wonder if you
>might comment on this ?

This is not so when the net effect of all the other design revisions
are factored in (please see my most recent post for an explanation).
Perhaps the writer to which you refer used a word processor to
achieve his test results, as opposed to the other alternative -
building an action model.

The result for our action is that the friction for every part/lever
of the action is reduced. How could we get a friction weight of 5
grams if increasing the roller distance increased friction?

Regards,

Ron Overs
--

Website:  http://www.overspianos.com.au