explaining Pitch raise....

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 21:40:32 EDT

Terry

We, (meaning my employees and I) usually take the time to explain the
probable need and procedure of a pitch raise when a customer calls for an
appointment. I like it that way. If we told them ahead of time that it might
need a pitch raise, I would much rather tell a customer at the time of the
tuning that the piano does NOT need one, which means a savings for them, then
to have to explain, and try to convince them of the need and procedure, when
I get there. In my experience, I somehow get the impression that customers
don't like having to spend more for a service than they were originally told.
I want my customers to feel as comfortable and trusting with me as possible.
If I have to tell them it cost more than they originally thought, I wonder if
they think they are getting ripped off.

For you it is a hassle, and for you it seems like you have to explain the
same thing over and over. But don't forget, the customer has only heard that
story once. It's kind of like doing a play. Even when you've done it a
hundred times, you still have to let the audience think it's opening night.

Willem