Piano Industry

Glenn Grafton gleng@fast.net
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 09:07:44 -0400

>you have some good points. My problem is this, and I see it coming,
>> do you want to spend $5000 on a 7 year old  who wants to try piano???

In our store we have the perfect solution for parents caught in the above
scenerio. They can rent a piano with the option to buy. So the question
then is if they want to spend $39.95-69.95/month for a 4 month period. It's
only a 4 month initial rental period. At the end of that time they can
return the piano. If the lessons are still going well they can continue to
rent the piano month to month. When they get to the point that they feel
confident that Jr. is going to stick with the lessons they can buy the
piano. They can apply 100% of the first 6 months rent towards purchase and
75% from the 7th month and on.

The benefit of this is that this is something parents are comfortable
doing. They can also upgrade pianos to a better quality as well.

Many dealers shy away from a plan like this, but it is a good fit for kids
or adults starting.

Glenn Grafton
Grafton Piano & Organ Co.
Souderton PA
http://www.dprint.com/grafton/
gleng@fast.net
800-272-5980

The box said "Requires Windows 95, or better." So I bought a Macintosh.