EBVT - the numbers

Ron Koval drwoodwind@hotmail.com
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 13:09:17 GMT

Thanks, Bob for your work in translating to numbers the EBVT.

I came up with different ones, so I'll tune a few pianos with yours and
check to see how it sounds.

The 'cool' thing about an equal beating temperament is how the quickly
beating major thirds get 'hidden' when the complete triad is played.

Try this:

after tuning, play just the major thirds up and note the slow-fast-etc
pattern of the tuning.  Then play triads up and see if fast ones sound
smoother.  This effect is especially noticable when the left hand plays the
root and fifth, while the right hand plays root, third and fifth.
(C_G_C_E_G)

enjoy!

Ron Koval

Chicagoland