438 in old uprights

Mitch Ruth mitch_ruth@hotmail.com
Sat, 28 Oct 2000 21:19:18 EDT

Lynn,

Yes 435 is the old French pitch, as I found out the day after I posted about
438.  Rook had suggested tuning the old ones there a few weeks ago.  He said
that there was a more pleasing sound than if you went to 440.  I've done a
couple like that in the past few days and the results were good, he probably
suggested 435 and I remembered 438 and did it that way.

I won't quit learnin' untill about a minute after I quit breathin'.

Mitch Ruth
DeMossville, KY