Vallotti Young

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 17:34:09 -0500

Hi Richard,

OK guys, get your flame throws ready, I am going to prick a
few balloons.

The only need to retune for different music is from way pre
Baroque, more like in the Renaeconse (darn spellcheck can't
figure it out either) period, before a decent well
temperament, when they wanted _all_ pure intervals.

With Bach's Preludes and Fugues for the Well Tempered
Klavier he showed that each key signature had tonalities
worth exploring.

Put it in well and leave it there unless they are playing
music from the 12 or 13th century or there ab outs.

OK, I am lounging in my bed with my flame suit on.  (Hard to
wallow in this suit).

		Newton