Pitch raising on older pianos

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Fri, 01 Sep 2000 07:25:56 -0400

Terry,

I think the answer is pretty logical.  "Elderly", because years ago it was the
accepted philosophy, at least in this area, that once a piano had dropped too
much (whatever that was) it couldn't be returned to A440.  And "gentleman"
because, I assume, years ago women were a lot less prevalent in the piano
service business than they are today.

I suppose there is a chance that some kids would call ME elderly, but I'm only
53.

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger