Broadwood question

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 10:47:32 EDT

Ton asks:
<< I could see new strings and hammers.
  Straight strung, 2 struts.
Some pins were loose (oblong type, lucky client had "T" wrench to fit!) I
didn't have a chance to pull the action, are these the pins with the wedges
in the bottom?  All pins had a felt washer under and the strings were down
to the plate. <<

  Greetings,
  Guy Nichols and I have just finished dealing with the English, also.  The
ones we had had threaded tuning pins, which went through metal threads in the
plate, and had about 1 inch of wooden threads below that.  If this is what
you have, there are some specific caveats to be observed.

>>Also the let-off was set around 1/2" (just imagine how
delicate it played! :) )  Can these be regulated to closer specs?

    Yes,  what kind of action does it have?  If it has only one adjustment,(
the single let-off button, hitting a ramp on the jack which is pinned to the
key!), it can be set very close, but you will have to be careful not to break
any of the screws.

Let us know what the action looks like, I might presently know a lot more
about one of the variations than I ever wanted to!
REgards,
Ed  Foote