Broadwood question

Ron Koval drwoodwind@hotmail.com
Fri, 01 Sep 2000 14:03:25 GMT

Hi all-

Last night I had a first visit with a new client that has a 9' Broadwood
(21114) wedged into the living room.  It was rewhatevered a few years back
by someone that moved away and sold it. I could see new strings and hammers.
  Straight strung, 2 struts.

Some pins were loose (oblong type, lucky client had "T" wrench to fit!) I
didn't have a chance to pull the action, are these the pins with the wedges
in the bottom?  All pins had a felt washer under and the strings were down
to the plate.  Also the let-off was set around 1/2" (just imagine how
delicate it played! :) )  Can these be regulated to closer specs?

I let them know I'd check with the list and see if anyone in cyberspace had
more experience with these and could shed some light on the subject.

thanks!

Ron Koval

Chicagoland