Posting Pictures

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Fri, 01 Sep 2000 09:50:53 -0500

>  It just  'ain't'  right.
>
>Brian Trout

Now if it were at the top of the flagpole, shedding strips of case veneer
in the wind - that would be embarrassing. As it is, it just looks to me
like about any interchangeably old neglected and abused piano, Steinway or
otherwise, in many many institutions anywhere you cared to look. It is, in
short, a characteristic representation of the attitude of the
administrative mind concerning piano care and maintenance.

Then again, did anyone look inside? The epidermis was obviously beat up,
but what was the condition of the instrument? We tend to automatically
assume that  beat up furniture means nobody cares, even if the instrument
is in wonderful condition. Conversely, we (and everyone else on the planet)
tend to assume that well kept furniture means the instrument is playable.
'Tain't necessarily so in either case, as I've discovered by guessing wrong
too many times.

It seems to me that what we really need to do is hire Willem to travel door
to door and educate all the piano owners and overseers to correct this
problem. We'll have him do New Zealand last as incentive to keep him
moving. If this works, better start looking for more shop help. It's going
to get pretty busy for a while. What do you think Wim, are you ready? <G>

Ron N