Changing roller size.

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 13:03:07 EDT

Jim explains:

<< All other things being equal,  a
smaller knuckle would  require a higher capstan to get the same hammer
line,.... but since we only changed the roller/knuckle the key must move
further to reach letoff and it is this addtional key travel that produces a
higher catch point for the backcheck. >>

  Oh,  ok, if you change the knuckle and don't reregulate, then the
difference will extend to virtually everything.  However, if you decrease the
knuckle size, and re-regulate the action's hammerline, let-off, drop, and
spring if it needs it,  I don't see the difference in diameter changing the
backchecking.
Regards,
Ed Foote