Front rail punchings...off topic

Fri, 01 Sep 2000 19:30:46 +0200

Kristinn Leifsson wrote:

> Nope, I´m a working man, buddy.  Busy at the con artistry ya heah?
> I´ve got this yellow box that totally fools them, especially the old ladies
> with the pink carpets. :)

To bad... woulda been nice to bump into you... grin.. There is a class on French
Polishing that made me decide to go this year. Also an interesting class on
converting overdampers to underdamper actions by Renner. Might be usefull for some
of those run of the mill overdamper pianos that still have solid boards and blocks.

> Kristinn the Heartless Leifsson,
> City of Crooks, Country of Cons
>
> P.S. Aren´t you legalized to give people a PTG tuning test?  I figured I
> could take it someday.

Well, no not actually,  I did make CTE scores on everything, but that just
qualifies me to become a CTE, which is a process in itself and requires me to be
tested on a few things regarding to the test. I said I was interested, and will try
and complete the process in Reno next year. I just got all the stuff in the mail so
I will be spending some time gettng it all down this year. Further it takes 3 RPT's
to administer an exam, and at least one of them have to be a CTE. As of now there
are only 2 RPT's in Norway and I dont believe there are any others north of South
Africa... grin. So we need to get a third over here to do a testing. We are
currently working on that... If we eventually get 5 RPT's we can start our own
chapter technically,,,,.. but I think there are still some things to iron out with
the by-laws group on all that.

The best thing would be for you to fly on over to Reno next year... Its a kinda a
nice place... and the gang is a lot of fun

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.