Lacquer for hammers

Fri, 01 Sep 2000 19:34:43 +0200

The fastest drying stuff I know of is flake shellack in 96% denatured alcohol.
Still you will have to wait a couple hours to get a real idea of the results.
Also, while this stuff works fine enough, it will discolour the hammer felt a
bit. Not so bad if you like an off white yellowish kinda colour, but it doesnt
apeal to just everyone.

Best thing for it in the end no matter what you use, is to count on two visits
when useing any kinda laquer to voice. I dont think there is any way around
that.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.