False Beats ??

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Fri, 01 Sep 2000 22:48:41 -0500

>Brass is a pretty soft metal compared with the usual steel bridge pin.  I
>would suspect that drilling a bridge with the intent of putting in a brass
>bridge pin would necessitate drilling a hole closer in size to the brass
>bridge pin than might be done with a steel pin.  After all, you gotta get
>the little sucker almost all the way into that there hole without bending
>too many of them over and breaking too many of them off.  Perhaps that might
>explain their tendency to be loose, especially after a couple of good
>seasonal changes.?
>
>Don't know, just speculatin'.  (I'm good at speculatin'.)  :-)
>
>Brian T.

Anybody that would let a caterpillar sleep on his lip can't be all bad.
That takes brass. (another one of them really smooooooth segues) You will
note in pianos with brass pins that they tend to be of bigger diameter in
specific areas than do steel pins in similar pianos. This, I presume, would
minimize both "insurtus bendus", and "polus flaggum". Claiming otherwise
could constitute flagrantus pervaricatum, strikes me.

Long as we's 'spectoratin.

Ron N