9' Knabe query

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sat, 2 Sep 2000 20:28:10 EDT

jonpage@mediaone.net writes:

<< Knabe concert grand, serial number 10783

 Did Knabe have a different number series for this size?

 My atlas places it ~1865 but the salezman claims it to be 90
 years old.

You should know salesmen will try to say anything for a sale. If the customer
knew the piano was made in 1865, she/he might not buy it. Go with what you
know. If Pearce says it's 1865, I would tell the customer that is what it is.
The question is, how is the instrument? Is it worth buying?

Willem