Action friction reduction question

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sun, 03 Sep 2000 11:20:04 -0600

Hi Kristinn,
                  If the centre's look clean, no verdigris, and you have a
lot of sluggish centre's.
Try sizing the bushing's with alcohol and water, leave 24hrs to dry
naturally.  It will save a lot of work and give consistent results. Drying
with a hair drier tends to over shrink the bushings.
Regrads Roger

At 05:06 PM 03/09/00 +0000, you wrote:

>Hey List
>
>I´m just about to take a spinet action and check out all the centers.  It´s
>had some sticking problems
>I´ll start by lubing, figured I´d let it wait a little.  Then check each
>pin, and do some reaming and replacement.
>
>I was just wandering whether there´s anything else interesting I could do
>e.g. letting it sit out in the sun, put a blow dryer on it etc. :)
>
>No honestly.  Do you have any suggestions?  (scientifically proven methods
>or not) <G>
>
>Just taking advantage of ALL knowledge out there,
>
>Kristinn Leifsson
>Reykjavík, Iceland

Roger Jolly
Saskatoon, Canada.