' 9' Knabe query

JWyatt1492@AOL.COM JWyatt1492@AOL.COM
Sun, 3 Sep 2000 13:33:17 EDT

Hello Bill, Jon and All !

    At least some Knabe concert grands did indeed have
different ser. numbers.  The information I have gathered
over the years has the number 10135 built about 1912.
And number 10927 built about 1929.  At this time I have
no other numbers.  Also during this time Knabe had
some of  their '9's built by "A B Chase" in Norwalk Ohio.
    Also some ( maybe all ) Chickering '9',s  had different
numbers. Ser. number 15327 was built about 1925.
  Even though American Piano Co. bought both Knabe
and Chickering in 1909 production was not moved to
E. Rochester until 1929.  This twenty year time span
seems to fit with the information above.
     To Bill Shull and every one else who I did not respond
too I apologize.  After getting so far behind at the first of
this year I just could not catch up.
     Thanks to all who send me information, a bit of
information alone may not seem important until it is
combined with others.

 Regards to All,
 Jack Wyatt